Duck Breast with Just Panela Passion Fruit Whiskey Sauce
Duck Breast with Just Panela Passion Fruit and Whiskey Sauce
- 2 Duck Breasts
- 2 Passion Fruit
- 1 Star Anise
- 3/4 Cup Just Panela
- 2 oz Irish Whiskey
- 1 Tsp. Olive oil
- 1 Dash salt
- 1 Dash pepper
- Carrot for garnish
- Peas for garnish
Just Panela Passion Fruit Whiskey Sauce:
1. Add passion fruit pulp and seeds, anise, and whiskey to medium heat in saucepan, bring to a boil.
2. With a lighter, light the sauce to flambé it.
3. Remove from heat until the fire goes out.
4. Add Just Panela, mix, return to heat and bring to a boil.
5. Remove from heat, let cool.
1. Preheat oven to 210 F.
2. Cut the fatty side of the duck at 1/4 inch intervals, do not cut into the meat and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Just Panela on both sides.
3. Place cant iron pan on medium heat. Place the duck fatty side down, let simmer for 5-10 minutes until browned.
4. Leave the duck fat in the pan to sauté the carrots and peas. Place the duck on a roasting rack fatty side up.
5. Place duck in oven for 55 minutes. Internal temperature should be 140-150F.
6. Let cool for five minutes before cutting into 1/4 slices using previous cut marks.
7. Warm passion fruit sauce, poor a small amount onto a heated plate. Place the duck, carrot and peas as a garnish.
8. Sprinkle Just Panela over the duck, carrot, and peas if desired.